A new free CME-accredited e-learning course - ‘Improving long-term outcomes in obese individuals with prediabetes or diabetes’tirsdag 05. august 2014
A new free CME-accredited e-learning course ‘Improving long-term outcomes in obese individuals with prediabetes or diabetes’ is now available at https://www.intmedpress.com/targeting_obesity/. The course was developed by Professors Arne Astrup, Nicholas Finer and Lawrence Leiter and uses expert presentation, case studies and interactive elements, to discuss the efficacy of lifestyle, pharmacological and surgical approaches to weight management.
Where Science and Treatment Meet
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and The Obesity Society (TOS) are combining their annual meetings for ObesityWeek 2014 in Boston,
MA. We invite attendees from all countries, backgrounds and disciplines to be a part of the world's largest conference on obesity.
Date: November 2-7, 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Oppdatert program og nye foredragsholdere til symposiet "Obesity across nations, life span and levels of health care", 14-15. november, Farris Bad, Larvik.tirsdag 05. august 2014
Senter for sykelig overvekt i Helse Sør-Øst ved Sykehuset i Vestfold arrangerer jubileumssymposium (10 år) til høsten (14. - 15. november) på Hotel Farris Bad i Larvik. Til symposiet kommer foredragsholdere fra blant annet Verdens Helseorganisasjon (WHO), Regjeringen, Helsedirektoratet og EAT, samt en rekke anerkjente nasjonale og internasjonale forskere. Følgende foredragsholdere er bekreftet:
- State Secretary Astrid Nøklebye Heiberg, the Ministry of Health and Care Services, Oslo, Norway.
- Prof. Knut-Inge Klepp, Director General, the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
- Prof. MD PhD Kristian Midthjell, Department of Public Health and General Practice, The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Mr. Per Møller Axelsen, Experienced user, Patient Education Resource Center, Department of Morbid obesity and Bariatric surgery, Oslo University Hospital, Aker.
- MD PhD Gunhild A. Stordalen, Founder & Chair, Stordalen Foundation & GreeNudge, and Director, EAT Initiative and EAT Stockholm Food Forum.
- Dr João Breda PhD MPH MBA, Programme Manager Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, Division of Noncommunicable Diseases and Life-course, WHO Regional Office for Europe. (Keynote Speaker)
- Jo Jewell, Nutrition and Obesity Policy Consultant, Division of Noncommunicable Diseases and Life-Course, WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- MD PhD Unni Mette Stamnes Køpp, Department of Pediatrics, Sørlandet Hospital HF, Kristiansand.
- MD PhD Petur Juliusson, Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen.
- MD PhD Torsten Olbers, Department of Surgery, Medicine and Pediatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Institute of Clinical Sciences, and Centre of Obesity at the Queen Silvia Children's Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- MD PhD Samira Lekhal, Head of the Childrens and Adolecents Department at the Morbid Obesity Center, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, Norway.
- MD Nathalie Farpour-Lambert, Head of the Obesity Care Program of the University Hospitals of Geneva, Switzerland and member of the European Childhood Obesity Task Force. (Keynote Speaker)
- Docent MD PhD Ingmar Näslund, Dept. of Surgery, Örebro University Hospital, Sweden.
- Prof. PhD Ronette L. Kolotkin, Obesity and Quality of Life Consulting, Durham, North Carolina, US. Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, US.and Department of Health Studies, Sogn og Fjordane University college, Førde, Norway; Department of Surgery, Førde Central Hospital, Norway; Morbid Obesity Centre, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, Norway.
- Prof. MD PhD Donna H. Ryan, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US. (Keynote Speaker)
- Prof. MD PhD Jøran Hjelmesæth, Head of the Morbid Obesity Centre and Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Vestfold Hospital Trust, Tønsberg, Norway. Department of Endocrinology, Morbid Obesity and Preventive Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway.
Følg denne lenken for påmelding og oppdatert program: https://viaregi.revio.no/SSO